How to Find a Teaching Mentor
What Is a Mentor?
How to Find a Mentor
1. Inquire About a Mentorship Program
2. Seek Out Someone at Work
3. Look at Past Connections
4. Put the Word Out
5. Join a Professional Networking Group
6. Use Social Media
7. Try a Mentorship Site
What Does a Mentor Do?
Mentor vs. Teacher
Benefits of Having a Mentor
Enjoy Greater Job Satisfaction
Build a Network
Possess Potential for Higher Salary
Become More Empowered and Confident
How to Be a Great Mentee
- What are your S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound) goals for the next three months?
- What are your S.M.A.R.T. goals for the next year?
- Who do you admire in your industry? What is their role?
- Who do you take criticism from best? What is their personality?
- Are you ready to dedicate time to this relationship?