Our LMHC License Guide
What is LMHC Certification and Licensure?
LMHC State Licensing Requirements
How Do You Become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor?
The National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination
What is the Difference Between the NCE and NCMHCE?
Common Questions About the NCMHCE Exam
How Many Times Can You Take the NCMHCE?
What is a Passing Score for the NCMHCE?
How Much Does the NCMHCE Cost?
How Long is the NCMHCE?
Can You Take the NCMHCE Before You Graduate?
How Do You Study for the NCMHCE?
7 Tips to Prepare for the NCMHCE
- Research available NCMHCE study materials. Ask colleagues about their recommendations.
- Ask your licensed colleagues for study tips or test advice.
- Become very familiar with the DSM-5.
- Plan study time and stick to your study schedule.
- Complete a practice simulation to determine your test readiness.
- Manage your stress. Take short breaks, get plenty of rest, eat regularly and get some exercise.
- Do not give up if you fail the exam the first time. The test allows for test-takers to fail before they pass the exam. A failed test won’t be held against you.