How to Decide What Type of Nurse to Be
How Large is the Nursing Field?
- Nurse midwives, who help deliver babies and provide prenatal and postpartum care. Learn how to become a nurse midwife.
- Nurse practitioners, who work as primary and specialty care providers, making diagnoses and prescribing medication. Learn how to become a nurse practitioner.
- Licensed practical and licensed vocational nurses, who give patients basic care and are supervised by registered nurses.
- Nurse anesthetists, who give patients anesthesia and medical procedure care.
- Registered nurses, who provide and coordinate patient care and talk to patients about medical conditions.