Is a Master of Legal Studies Worth It?
How to Decide Whether an MLS Is Right for You
1. You have an interest in legal matters
2. You want to advance your career with legal knowledge
3. You want to work in the legal field but aren’t sure about law school
Financial Return on Investment for a Master of Legal Studies
How much could an MLS increase your salary on average?
What Are the Benefits of a Master’s in Legal Studies?
5 Jobs You Can Do With a Master of Legal Studies
1. Human resources manager
2. Police officer/detective
4. Medical and health services manager
5. Compliance officer
Master of Legal Studies Alternatives
1. JD Programs
2. MBA Programs
3. Master’s in Library Science Programs
Explore Online MLS Degree Programs
Master of Legal Studies (MLS)
Earn a Master of Legal Studies online from Washington University School of Law in as few as 12 months. Non-lawyers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the U.S. legal system and learn to apply legal skills in their current role.
- Complete in as little as one year
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Students can choose to concentrate in one of five specialization areas