Why Become a Teacher?
There are a wide variety of reasons for becoming a teacher. Motivations to become a teacher might include:
- A passion for working with children, teens and young adults.
- A desire to pass on knowledge and inspire others to pursue their goals.
- A sense of enjoyment gained from working in a classroom/school environment.
- A love for learning and knowledge.
- Interest and expertise in subjects taught in educational environments.
- A desire for predictable work schedules and summers off from work, depending on the role.
- Interest in mentoring others and being a role model.
- A desire to work in a career in which every day brings new challenges and opportunities.
- The ability to see the direct results of your work.
- The opportunity to build relationships among students, parents, school leadership, other educators and communities.
Many people can remember and were influenced by at least one of the teachers they’ve had in school. A teaching career may allow professionals to directly influence their students and improve the lives of those they work with.