Can You Change Careers with an MBA?
Can You Switch Careers with an MBA?
What Are the Best MBA Concentrations for Career Changers?
- Strategy: A strategy concentration can help you be a decision-maker in high-level positions in a variety of industries or for independent consulting.
- Management: Learning to skillfully manage people, information, projects and money is useful in business, which is why a management concentration is common. There are general management positions in virtually every industry.
- Corporate Finance: Managing large amounts of money and pursuing value for shareholders can be challenging. A corporate finance concentration gives you the statistical and analytical skills that’ll help you succeed in positions like these.
- Operations: An operations concentration can help prepare you for many industries. It seems every business wants to become more efficient turning materials and labor into services and products that drive profit.
- Marketing: If you want to pursue a career as a marketing manager or director, an MBA with a marketing concentration might be the right fit. As a marketer, you’ll have a strong understanding of how businesses function and grow.
- Entrepreneurship: If you are interested in starting your own business or founding a startup, a focus on entrepreneurship might be the perfect way to learn about fundraising, team building and more.
- Information Technology: IT is a major part of most businesses today. This concentration may help you access a high-level IT position in a company or work for tech firms.
- International Business: If you are interested in frequent travel or a career overseas, a concentration on global or international business may help you land a role in an international organization.