Reasons for Becoming a Teacher
Reasons to Become a Teacher
1. To Improve the Quality of Education
2. To Give Back to Your Community
3. To Change the Lives of Students
Reasons Why Someone Might Fall Out of Love with Teaching
- School counseling: Counselors guide students through academic, social and emotional dilemmas every day. People who want to become a school counselor learn about ethics, human development and psychology. It’s also possible for teachers to transition into counseling roles.
- School social work: Social workers in schools are there to help students tackle problems that teachers are not qualified to guide them through, like complex family issues, trauma and mental illness. Getting a degree in social work requires field experience.
- Library science: School librarians help educators and students navigate everything from the internet to traditional textbooks—they are there to guide students along a pathway to information. People interested in this career can obtain a Master’s in Library Science (MLIS).