How to Make a Career Transition to Physical Therapy
Online Physical Therapy Programs
So You Want to Make a Career Transition to Physical Therapy
Why Consider Physical Therapy as a Second Career
Work Setting Flexibility
Do You Need a Doctor of Physical Therapy to Change Careers?
How Long Is a DPT Program?
Physical Therapy Assistant Transitional Programs
How to Make a Career Change to Physical Therapy
1. Satisfy Physical Therapy Education Requirements
2. Obtain Physical Therapy Licensure
3. Consider Certifications
Five Skills That PTs Use Every Day
- Effective and clear communication: To provide effective therapy, physical therapists need to convey treatment plans, listen to patients’ concerns and motivate clients.
- Physical stamina: PTs spend a great deal of time on their feet demonstrating proper techniques and helping clients perform exercises.
- Dexterity: Physical therapists use massage for manual therapy and physically assist their patients with therapeutic exercises.
- Time management: In addition to treating several patients a day, PTs may complete administrative tasks.
- Resourcefulness: Physical therapists need to be flexible and able to adapt therapy plans to meet the needs of clients.