Resources for Teaching Kids About Emotional Regulation and Meditation
Teaching Kids About Emotional Regulation
Resources for Teaching Emotional Regulation
Teaching Kids About Mindfulness and Meditation
Resources for Teaching Meditation
- Traumatic Experiences, Sesame Street: A playlist of selected videos from the popular television series where characters teach each other meditative skills in a kid-friendly format, including breathing, counting and other exercises for calming emotions. These videos are also available translated into Spanish.
- Meditation for Kids, Headspace: A short video explaining how to use meditation exercises for kids, with five focus areas: calm, focus, kindness, sleep and wake-up.
- Teaching Meditation to Children and Beginners, The Barre Center for Buddhist Studies: Scripts adults can use to teach children about guided meditations. Each meditation focuses on a different sensation or area of the body.
- Three Kid-Friendly Meditations Your Children Will Love, The Chopra Center: Scripts for adults to use as guided meditation, incorporating different visual concepts and activities.
- Guided Meditation for Kids with Deepak Chopra, Live Sonima: A six-minute video where Deepak Chopra leads a group of children through different meditative prompts about self-love and positive awareness.
- Teach Children and Teens Meditation, Connected Kids: A list of e-books, online courses and free meditation tools for teaching meditation to children and teenagers.
- Mindfulness Practices for Children with Autism, Autism Resources and Community: Six activities incorporating mindfulness and meditation, and recommended books and research papers about meditative practices for children on the autism spectrum.
- 51 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids in the Classroom, Waterford.org: A list of meditative activities adults can lead for a child or group of children in a class setting.
- 8 Meditation Apps for Kids, Understood.org: Mobile applications parents can use with their kids to learn about incorporating meditation into a routine.