Should I Go for My National Board Certification?
- An automatic salary increase.
- The opportunity for promotion (or another advancement) within your school or district.
- Certification requires a large time commitment, something many teachers cannot juggle in addition to their personal and professional obligations.
- Not every state recognizes national board certification.
- Certification is just too expensive.
- New ideas for classroom activities.
- New organizational methods for you and your students
- Your certification is valid for five years, meaning that if that dream AP job opens in the near few years, you’ll be ready to apply!