3 Ways for Veteran Teachers to Prevent Burnout
Observe Your Peers’ Teaching
Create a Digital Professional Learning Network (PLN)
Reduce Stress with Increased Transparency
- Create a class website (and keep it up to date!) with announcements, policies, and handouts.
- Use a digital workflow like Google Classroom, Seesaw, or Edmodo and give access to students, parents, and administrators.
- Invite parents, administrators, and other teachers into your room regularly.
- Keep your gradebook and grading policies up to date and available.
- Establish regular non-internet contact with stakeholders with phone calls, notes home, and/or regular newsletters.