Congratulations on taking the first steps to becoming a teacher. Entering the education profession is both challenging and rewarding, providing you with the opportunity to impact the lives of students and communities across the country and across the world.
By earning your Masters in Teaching or Masters in Education, you will become well-versed in the skills, research, and pedagogical tools needed to excel in or outside of the classroom. Teachers are role models and pillars of the community, providing insight, support, and inspiration to both their students and their communities.
Navigating the process of applying for your Masters can be tricky, so we've created a 5-part series of resources guaranteed to help make the application process easier.
- Step-by-step overview of the application process, including tips and advice as to how to remain organized.
- Proper ways to format your teacher resume, including how to specifically highlight your teaching and education achievements.
- Advice on how to write a unique and engaging personal statement, answering questions such as "How do I make myself stand out?"
- Who you should be requesting your letters of recommendation from, including tips on proper etiquette when requesting letters, as well as how to suggest particular key points you'd like to be highlighted.
- How to practice for an interview and be prepared to talk about yourself.