My Teacher, My Hero
When you think of the type of teacher you'd like to be, who comes to mind? The math teacher that helped you conquer fractions? The English teacher who wrote great comments on your stories? The teacher that helped you discover a new sport, hobby, talent--or maybe even nudged you down your current career path?
Those are the teachers we're celebrating through our YouTube channel, My Teacher, My Hero.
Together, we're paying homage: to the teachers that have played such an integral part in shaping our lives, and to their importance in shaping the next generation of educators.
But don't take our word for it -- listen to the stories of many successful people across the country.
Feeling inspired? Take these next steps:
- Click over to our YouTube Channel to watch the rest of our My Teacher My Hero series.
- Then, upload your own video with the tag "MyTeacherMyHero" to share your story.
Have a teacher you'd like to talk about? Submit a video!
Here's how: Take a video of yourself discussing your favorite teacher. You can use the below prompts to get your wheels turning.
- Choose an example of how your teacher changed your way of thinking or acting Did your teacher encourage you to take risks? To overcome self-defeating thoughts or behavior? Did he or she help you speak up more in class, or have more patience with solving problems?
- Tell us how these changes have influence your life's directionDid they help you uncover a unique talent, or steer you away from a dangerous life path? How did this change your eventual direction in life?
- Share an interesting storySometimes actions speak louder than words. And your story doesn't have to be serious! A teacher's impact often shines through the most
And of course:
- Remember to say thank you!
Click the image below to watch the rest of the My Teacher My Hero series on YouTube